Crisp tarts with hazelnut crunch, orange and chocolate ganache, juicy date and insect middle and candied oranges
6-8 small tarts
200 g flour
60 g hazelnuts, roasted and skinned
110 g powdered sugar
The seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
165 g cold butter (alternatively plant-based)
A pinch of salt
2 egg yolks (for a vegan version, you can replace the yolks with a little more cold water)
A bit of cold water
1 tsp grated orange peel
50 g milk chocolate
25 g hazelnuts, roasted and skinned
25 g sugar
Orange ganache and date middle
100 g milk chokolade
50 ml cream (alternatively plant-based)
20 ml orange juice
2 tsp grated orange peel
2 Hey Planet Cocoa Orange Bars
1 organic orange
2 dl sugar
2 dl water
6-8 tart rings, diameter 5-6 cm (alternatively another kind of small pie dishes) Blender
- Slice the orange. Half each slice.
- Boil the slices in water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the water and repeat twice.
- Mix 2 dl water and 2 dl sugar and boil. Add the oranges.
- Let it simmer for ½-1 hours.
- Drain the oranges, and place them on a piece of baking paper.
- Bake for 3 hours at 90 degrees.
- Let them cool. Store them in an airtight container.
- Blend flour, nuts, sugar, vanilla and salt, until the nuts have the same consistency as the flour.
- Cut the butter in smaller pieces and add it to the other ingredients along with the orange peel.
- Blend, until it’s mixed.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and add the egg yolks.
- Mix it quickly with a fork and add water, if the mix is too dry. Don’t overwork the dough.
- Roll out the dough (it should be 3-4 mm thick) on a piece of baking paper, and transfer to the freezer for a few minutes.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and line the pie dishes.
- Bake the shells for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Let them cool.
- Melt the butter at medium heat, until it’s a golden caramel.
- Mix the hazelnut with the caramel, and transfer to a piece of baking paper.
- Let it cool completely.
- Blend the mixture well.
- Melt the chocolate and mix with the hazelnut-caramel.
- Add a few teaspoons to each tart shell.
Ganache and middle
- Cut the bars into smaller pieces, and place a piece in the middle of each tart.
- Melt the chocolate and heat the cream.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and mix.
- Add the orange peel and juice and blend the ganache, until it’s silky.
- Fill up the tarts with ganache.
Decorate the tarts with candied oranges and let them reach room temperature before you serve them.
We really want to see your versions of our recipes, so please don’t hesitate to share your own tips and advice on Instagram. Use the hashtag #heyplanet, and we’ll be able to see your food and regram your beautiful dishes and treats.
And if you want more free, healthy and sustainable recipes, then become a member of our Planetarian Club! It's 100% free.