Our all-time favourite recipe for having a green Christmas, a nut and bug roast. It makes for a nice hearty meal that fits in well with the rest of the Christmas dinner, but is much more sustainable and it's fairly simple to make!
- 80g basmati rice
- 600g mushrooms
- 30g dried chanterelles or Karl Johan (optional if you want a deluxe version)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 70g of hazelnuts
- 2 tbl.sp dried thyme
- 3 dl soy cream/ oat cream
- 4 tbl.sp. of chickpea flour (or regular flour if you are not avoiding gluten)
- 30 grams bug powder
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Vegetable oil (e.g. rapeseed) to butter the casserole
- Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package and allow to cool
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions, mushrooms and hazelnuts roughly. Press the garlic.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat, add the onion first and then the garlic. Then add the mushrooms, hazelnuts and thyme. Cook until the water from the fresh mushrooms is evaporated.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and add the rice, chickpea flour, cream, salt and pepper.
- Grease the casserole with a tablespoon of vegetable oil and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 60 min.